- 25-Feb-2017 to 26-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Product Development
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
Cappex's mission is to help millions of high school students each year realize their dreams of discovering and getting into the right college for them. We get excited about converting a confusing, high-stress time in a student's life and turning it into a simple, organized, pursuit for the perfect fit. Cappex is growing and needs innovators like you to support our mission. Join our team today and help connect students to their dreams.
Web Analyst & Optimization Lead
The Web Analytics & Optimization Lead is an important part of Cappex's Product team. We have an important mission and need a curious thinker who will continually advance our market insights. You will work closely with product managers, UX, and design, but you will be supporting the web analytics needs of the entire organization, which includes sales, marketing, customer service, and content.
- SME for Google Analytics, GTM, VWO (A/B testing software)
- Translate website engagement metrics into readily consumable data with an accompanying understanding and interpretation context of the data presented
- Identify, create, and implement A/B & MVT tests
- Link web analytics results to data from other sources to drive insights
- Identify trends, get to root cause, and drive second-order insights from web analytics reports and data.
- Lead analysis efforts of user attributes and present findings of areas of opportunity
- Provide ongoing analysis of acquisition channels and user engagement
- Strong business judgment and ability to think through and solve complex problems
- Comfort with some ambiguity and ability to get to the right answer at a reasonable level of precision ("80/20" rule)
- Understand and analyze various data pieces such as competitive, qualitative, web analytics, social media, and product metrics to drive business improvements
- Define goals in GA and to track goal conversion (funnels where applicable)
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or similar
- At least 3-5 years of experience within web analytics
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Data Studio strongly preferred.
- A solid understanding of how controlled tests work
- Prior experience managing analytics for a highly-trafficked website
- A solid understanding of SEO and cross-domain tracking
- Experience with analytical and statistical tools, such as SAS, SQL, R, preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer