- 25-Feb-2017 to 26-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Product Development
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
Cappex's mission is to help millions of high school students each year realize their dreams of discovering and getting into the right college for them. We get excited about converting a confusing, high-stress time in a student's life and turning it into a simple, organized, pursuit for the perfect fit. Cappex is growing and needs innovators like you to support our mission. Join our team today and help connect students to their dreams.
Associate Product Manager
As an Associate Product Manager at Cappex, you will assume ownership of existing products as well as new initiatives and enhancements of existing products. You will take these initiatives through our entire agile software development lifecycle. If you're an outgoing Product Manager who thrives on user and customer engagement then make a big impact in a student's life and join our team.
- You will be a SME, evangelizer, and advocate for our users and our college customers.
- Deliver world-class products to both desktop and mobile users.
- Create and drive the overall vision for a product line from both a customer and business perspective, positioning Cappex as a clear leader in its space.
- Become an expert of our product offerings in our market space by constantly evaluating the market landscape, identifying opportunities, alternatives or constraints, to create an optimal product development strategy.
- Break down requirements and specifications into job stories and feature designs. Facilitate clear understanding and provide concise and accurate direction for our UX, design, development, and QA teams.
- Define and maintain product KPIs, and use them to measure/report progress and project success/failure.
- 2 - 4 years in product management; at least 2 of those years in an agile development environment
- Demonstrated delivery of complex products to market on time and of high quality
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Strong attention to detail and passion to get the product right
- Experience working with a team of Visual Designers and UX specialists preferred
- Prior work with web delivered products
- Must be able to manage priorities against needs of users, customers and internal stakeholders
- Managing products for mobile devices a plus
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Experience with JIRA a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer