- 20-Feb-2017 to 20-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
Cappex.com is a growing and successful company with a great mission to help connect students and colleges. Around 8 million high school students have registered on Cappex.com's family of websites (Cappex.com & CollegeGreenlight.com) and we work with roughly 600 colleges--the vast majority of which are nonprofit 4-year colleges in the US. Our office is located in downtown Chicago and we offer the following perks:
- Work in a casual environment with talented and passionate people
- Free snacks and soft drinks
- Career growth and learning opportunities through regular team lunch and learns as well as conference & training attendance
- Full benefits package and a matching 401k plan
- Pre-tax transit benefits
You'll be joining our superb engineering team to lead testing efforts. While your testing efforts will involve both automated as well as manual testing we are looking for an individual with an "automate first" mindset.
This is not a "risk avoidance" job; it's about risk management. You'll be expected to make practical, rational, judgments on the readiness of our releases. You will be expected to prioritize our tests based on user impact and business value to mitigate the most risk possible, because it's almost certain that there will never been enough time and personnel to ensure complete test coverage in every release. Some QA professionals find that unconscionable. We don't.
- Contribute to ensuring that software delivered to our users meets our quality standards
- Lead efforts to improve and expand our test automation framework and code, which is written in Selenium WebDriver (Java)
- Execute manual tests
- Contribute to manual test case authoring
- Actively participate in project planning meetings. You will need to work closely with software engineers and product managers on an ongoing basis.
- Create, document, and manage tools and processes to increase testing quality and coverage
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with writing test automation code in a high-level programming language. Experience with Selenium WebDriver is preferred but not required
- 2+ years of manual QA experience working with web applications
- Experience with and/or understanding of test automation strategies and framework design
- Experience with relational databases (such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle). Must be able to write simple-to-moderately complex SQL queries with ease.
- Understanding of software development principles
- Selenium Grid
- Mobile and responsive web testing
- Performance/Load testing
All applications will be kept confidential. We appreciate all interest, but will only contact those applicants with whom we wish to proceed further.
Equal Opportunity Employer