- 26-Feb-2013 to 31-Mar-2013 (CST)
- STARS Online
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
The Company: Founded in 2006 and now serving more than 700 colleges and foundations in all 50 states and 7 countries, Cappex is focused on helping students discover, research and connect with colleges and scholarship opportunities. Cappex has helped close to 5 million students make better college decisions. It's a great cause we all feel good about doing every day. We are looking to add a Senior Web Developer to our team.
The Software: This position has lead developer responsibilities for STARS, our SaaS platform that simplifies scholarship management for college financial aid offices and foundations across North America. With a robust tool set to help our clients manage the entire scholarship process, STARS eliminates repetitive work provides and significantly reduces time to award scholarships to students. And we're ready to take the platform to a whole new level.
The Senior Web Developer Role: In this position, you will lead .NET development including developing, testing, and implementing .NET based web applications and features. You will participate with the rest of the team in planning sessions, design reviews, releases and code reviews as well as take ownership of support issues that arise. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop Web Applications using VB.NET, ASP.NET, AJAX and T-SQL
- Senior Web Developer will provide production code for new product development
- Provide debugging code support for testing process
- Provide programmatic code resolution for QA Issues
- Develop web services for External Data Interchange
Senior Web Developer Requirements:
- 5+ years experience with VB.NET, ASP.NET, AJAX and T-SQL
- 5+ years + experience with VB.NET, ASP.NET, AJAX and T-SQL
- 5+ years + experience with Microsoft IIS and SQL Server
- Experience developing code in a production environment
- Microsoft Certifications Preferred
- Understanding of design methodologies and Object oriented concepts.
- Experience and passion for working in an agile development environment in the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to prepare and execute test plans.
- Problem solver who takes initiative to get things done.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Senior Web Developer should be a detail-oriented team player; flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment.
To Apply for the Senior Web Developer Position: Please submit a resume and also include a cover letter that tells us how you stack-up to the position we've described and shows us a bit of your personality. A cover letter is very important to us. All applications will be kept confidential. We appreciate all interest, but will only contact those applicants with whom we wish to proceed further. We have a preference for local candidates from the Chicagoland area. However, relocation and sponsorship are possible for outstanding candidates.
Cappex is an Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!