- 01-Mar-2013 to 01-Apr-2013 (CST)
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
About Us: Founded in 2006 and now serving more than 600 colleges in all 50 states and 7 countries, Cappex is focused on helping students discover, research and connect with colleges and scholarship opportunities. Cappex.com has helped more than 4 million students make better college decisions. In addition, we provide a comprehensive online, paperless platform, STARS ONLINE that simplifies scholarship management for foundations and college financial aid offices. We are currently looking for a UX Manger to join our team.
The UX Manager Role: Working within the product development team, you will work hand in hand with product managers, business analysts, visual designers and the development team to deliver innovative and differentiated products. You will represent and nurture the Voice of the Customer (VoC) working to gather and assess quantitative and qualitative UX information, resulting in both strategic and tactical improvements to the overall user experience.
UX Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop user interfaces that are clean, easy and intuitive, which incorporate the latest technologies, customer feedback, and UX best practices
- Create, implement and communicate visual design and user interface standards.
- Use storyboarding, user scenario development, high level use case definition, user and task analysis, to capture and develop user requirements and integrate elements into user interaction designs
- Translate usability elements for mobile platforms
- Create, evaluate and modify high and low fidelity prototypes to support development process
- UX Manager will design and develop usability testing plans. Plan, coordinate and facilitate usability tests both online and off
- Promote user centered design principles throughout the organization
- Communicate effectively across the organization, from developer to executive
- Overarching goal of providing an excellent user experience.
UX Manager Requirements:
- 5-7 Years of combined experience in visual design, information design, interactive design
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Passionate about designing clean, intuitive interfaces with knowledge of current best practices
- Ability to work both at a strategic and tactical level with a broad understanding of the business drivers for design deliverables
- Prior work in creating and applying Personas to usability tactics required
- UX Manager must have a strong portfolio that shows a variety of successful web/mobile application solutions, including visual and interactive design, concept development and communication
- Portfolio and resume must include experience working on large, high trafficked sites
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills, and be able to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Prior experience using Axure for wireframing and mockups/prototypes, a plus
- Ability to rapidly iterate prototypes required
- Experience with online usability testing services a must
- Demonstrated experience in using usability testing to formulate ux design decisions
- Experience in user interface design with a proven track record of interpreting web analytics, user feedback, and best practices for continual improvement a big plus
- Must be very organized and self-motivated and have the ability to manage projects on tight deadlines
- A UX Manager with prior experience with defining usability features for mobile, including working with Responsive Design a big plus
To Apply for the UX Manager Position: Please submit a resume and also include a cover letter that tells us how you stack-up to the position we've described and shows us a bit of your personality. A cover letter is very important to us. All applications will be kept confidential. We appreciate all interest, but will only contact those applicants with whom we wish to proceed further.
Cappex is an Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!